Serving the communities of Bay City and Palacios, TX since 1909.
Here are some places on the Internet that we would like to share with you:
link to The Bay City Tribune Online Obituaries
link to the Matagorda County Advocate Online Obituaries
link to the Palacios Beacon Online Obituaries
link to the Victoria Advocate Online Obituaries
Originally organized as Rosewood Developers, Inc. doing business as Roselawn Memorial Park on August 19, 1954 in Rosenberg, Texas, the cemetery was subsequently purchased by Taylor Bros. Funeral Home, Inc. in February 1960 with Frank Shaw Taylor serving as the first president of the corporation.
Roselawn Memorial Park, encompassing approximately six acres of land, was dedicated as a perpetual care cemetery, consisting of Sections “A” through “F”, on September 10, 1954. All of the sections were restricted to flat bronze style monuments. Family estates began adding beautiful private mausoleums in Sections “E” and “F” in 1989. In later years, additional land was obtained, and the cemetery consists of 32 acres of land today, with nearly 10 acres developed.
In 1992 a new section of the cemetery was developed on the West side, and titled Section “J”. This new section consists of approximately 3 acres of land, and allows both upright and flat monuments.
During the development of this new section it was decided to construct a 96 crypt mausoleum as part of the cemetery expansion, and the beautiful Good Shepherd mausoleum was completed in 1995.
In 1998 a pavilion, 22' by 24', was erected on the North side of Section “J” to serve as an all weather committal shelter.
This beautiful cemetery in the country, has served the people of Matagorda County and surrounding counties for fifty-five years, with the first recorded burials being made in 1955. The cemetery has steadily grown over the years, and today has nearly 4,000 interments.
2801 7th Street
Bay City, TX 77414
416 Main Street
Palacios, Texas 77465
Phone: (361) 972-2517
Fax: (361) 972-2675
18932 Hwy. 35
Sweeny, TX 77480